Your network access control (NAC) solution
shouldn’t cause more problems than it solves.
Impulse Point Safe•Connect
The Safe•Connect™ network access control (NAC) solution provides endpoint security policy enforcement for large, diverse environments with myriad personally‐owned, non‐managed, mobile computing devices. Its ease of installation and scaling, network independence and track record of reducing help desk calls contribute to lower total cost of ownership and reduced risk.
Users that will reap the most benefit:
Higher education, K-12 school districts and multi-location enterprises with a diverse set of users and unmanaged devices (BYOD) logging into multiple layers of access privileges.
In the VistaOne portfolio because:
Impulse Point demonstrated to us that NAC can be simpler and faster with a lower total cost of operation. The company has a solid reputation, profitable history and growing market share. Plus, they have the best managed service/maintenance program in the NAC world.
VistaOne added the Safe•Connect product to our portfolio for two reasons. One, network access control, or NAC, was a source of irritation for some of our customers in higher education. We looked into it and found a better, faster, cheaper to operate NAC that solved their issues.
Two, the vendor we found is actively integrating their product with leading traffic shapers (thus expanding our richest area of expertise). The marriage means you can control not only what individual users can access, but how much in the way of resources they can consume with what applications and devices.
Safe•Connect uses an “open NAC” approach that works independently within your existing architecture, automating and enforcing endpoint security policies without effecting WAN operations.
- Hours, not days
- Existing multi-vendor network, no changes
- No continuous manipulation of network switches
- Agentless, lightweight software client
- Pre-configured policies on authentication, anti-malware, patches, peer-to-peer plus custom
- True out-of-line network integration design
- No single-point-of-failure
- No performance bottlenecks or added latency
- No maintenance-driven network availability outages
- No network intensive vulnerability scanning
- Switch-independent isolation/Layer2 quarantine technology (I-LAN)
- Consistent function across wired, wireless, and VPN networks
- Problem determination and resolution
- Personalized automated remediation guidance
- Provides continuous real-time policy assessment and enforcement
- Single Policy Enforcer appliance manages network access policies for more than 10,000 endpoint devices
- Multiple additional Policy Enforcers added in daisy-chain fashion
- Entire system is managed centrally through the Safe•Connect Policy Management Console
- Plug-and-play connection of remote branches for centralized management of access policies
Act now to replace your existing NAC solution with Safe•Connect by January 31, 2012 and get the remaining balance of the annual maintenance on your old system PLUS an additional year of Impulse Point's managed service maintenance no extra charge.
Delivers real time information
- Policy Management Console displays real-time status reporting
- Provides valuable insight into group or individual policy compliance
- Help desk can immediately view the security posture and login status of any device on the network by searching IP, MAC address, or user name
- Provides granular historical data for trend analysis, compliance auditing and archiving
Offers the best support in the NAC world
- Fully managed service (monitoring, support, and maintenance)
- Implementation planning and server pre‐load and testing
- Standard remote installation assistance and training
- First Year Impulse Managed Support Services:
- Remote policy enforcer appliance monitoring
- Appliance hardware maintenance
- Installation of all software maintenance
- Remote disaster recovery daily backups
- Updates within 48 hours for the most current device types, operating systems, anti‐virus and other endpoint security software