While they’re more vital than ever, packet identification and traffic shaping technologies aren’t new. Chances are, you have the bruises to prove that, in spite of major scientific progress, the industry is still perfecting the techniques.
Network Optimization Appliances
Bill themselves as the Next Generation PacketShaper and back it with practically omniscient visibility, classifying 2000+ signatures and monitoring behavioral characteristics of encrypted traffic. Monitors individual users via active directory and deftly administers policy at wire speeds.
A young company, Exinda has wisely focused their resources, wooing higher education and K-12 schools. Extraordinary capabilities will expand their bases in professional organizations, financial companies and government entities worldwide.
In the VistaOne portfolio because:
They nimbly deliver three of the four pillars: total visibility into users and apps, application prioritization with a powerful policy engine and acceleration using sophisticated shaping and queuing techniques. Plus, they scale from SMB to global enterprise with value for sweet spots in between.
Exinda’s appliance is a genuine step forward. Their three-pronged “Unified Performance Management” approach offers visibility, control and optimization from a single box.
Separating the meat from the marketing hype, and Exinda from all similarly priced competitors, this “Next Generation” shaper can:
- Classify more than 2000 signatures and list the running applications by name
- Classify encrypted traffic based on heuristics and behavior
- Use Active Directory to identify and authenticate individual users regardless of IP address or proxy
- Provide two years of comprehensive historical data—per user—for diagnostics, auditing and planning
- Accelerate traffic with new queuing and shaping routines
- Facilitate thoughtful and adaptable policy strategies based on the organization’s goals
- Scale to 5 Gbps worth of traffic and up to 100,000 users in a big honkin’ network (with even more enormous capabilities in development)
VistaOne was a Packeteer reseller from day one. We still like what are now Blue Coat PacketShapers for their orthodoxy-breaking innovations, their large base of proven installations and the total-solution integration with their network security products. We like Exinda for their next-generation classification engine, their unlimited scalability and their modest pricing at some key customer size levels. We can help you choose based on your needs.
Links to More Information
Exinda Products Spec Sheet (PDF)
Exinda Reporting Center (PDF)
Exinda: A Smarter Approach to WAN Optimization (PDF)
Exinda: Take Charge of Your Network and Applications (PDF)
Optimize Your Microsoft Infrastructure Leveraging Exinda’s Unified Performance Management (PDF)
Enhance Network Security by Exposing Anonymous Proxy Traffic (PDF)