Riverbed Cascade Can Save an Organization Significant Money
Riverbed Cascade accelerates existing workflows, augments existing management resources, optimizes the use of skilled resources, provides information to avoid costly security and performance events, and provides value across multiple operations groups. Customers save on both operating and capital expenditures.
Reduced Mean Time to Response
Cascade's unique end-to-end view of the application delivery path expedites the troubleshooting process for both security and application delivery events. As a result, IT understands the inter-relationships among all the applications and the network and server components that work together to deliver application services to business users.
- Reduces revenue loss from business service disruptions
- Reduces troubleshooting staff-hour requirements of highly skilled network and security professionals
Minimal Hardware Deployment
Cascade provides visibility and security with minimal deployment of IDS sensors or network probes. The lightweight deployment model scales by number of data centers as opposed to WAN links or remote sites.
- Complies with intrusion detection regulatory requirements without large numbers of IDS sensors
- Integrates with existing data sources and management systems
- Significantly reduces capital expenditures required to reach full deployment
- Eliminates operations expenses related to maintaining remote hardware and agents
Optimized Use of Skilled Staff
Riverbed's focus on ease of implementation and accelerating workflows reduces the amount of time spent by skilled staff on management processes.
- Increases the percentage of workflow that can be completed at a lower pay scale
- Frees up highly skilled personnel for problem avoidance and planning activities, eliminating the need for costly outside resources
- Reduces the overall operational expense of network, application, and security management processes
WAN Bandwidth Reduction
Riverbed customers can avoid costly bandwidth upgrades by identifying and minimizing non-business use of expensive WAN resources. Layer 7 visibility into Web-based application traffic makes this possible.
- Assists prioritization of WAN links that would most benefit from optimization, enabling the organization to focus capital expenditures for best results
- Identifies cases where bandwidth upgrades can be avoided, reducing ongoing WAN expense
Minimized Business Service Outages
The Aberdeen Group estimates that outages and slowdowns affect revenues from business services by an average 9 percent. Riverbed Cascade can prevent service disruption with early detection of problems. Advanced analytics immediately spot changes in numbers of user connections, response times, network availability, and bandwidth utilization. Rich context information, including most probable cause, accelerates problem resolution.
- User-defined policies enable truly proactive service assurance by mitigating problem recurrence
- Significant reduction in the time required to restore disrupted services minimizes the operating cost of problem resolution
- Proactive assurance reduces the number of service-affecting incidents, maximizing services income