Click ‘Overview’ for a brief summary of VistaOne's Evaluation Program for Palo Alto Networks products.
When you submit the VEP- PAN Scope of Work form, VistaOne’s engineer will contact you to finalize an installation date (see number 3 below) and establish procedures for remote access to the Palo Alto Networks solution. The installation date should coincide with a 5-10 day period that best allows you to invest approximately ten hours to work with our engineer evaluating the Palo Alto Networks equipment for potential purchase.
Outline of the Process
VistaOne has refined a collaborative process that helps you decide if the value of a solution tested in your environment warrants the investment. Click ‘Process’ below for a detailed look at the methodology.
1. VistaOne consults with you on the best Palo Alto Networks model(s) to evaluate in your unique environment.
2. VistaOne ships and you receive the Palo Alto Networks appliance(s) and related installation materials approximately one week prior to an installation date.
3. VistaOne schedules two hours to complete physical installation and deliver an overview demonstration of appropriate Palo Alto Networks interfaces and feature sets via telephone and web conference. The typically inline installation requires less than one minute of network interruption.
4. Upon installation, the Palo Alto Networks appliance immediately begins providing visibility into the applications on your network, delivering baseline performance metrics. The Palo Alto Networks firewall device continues testing and collecting data for five consecutive days following the install.
5. Using remote access, a VistaOne engineer reviews the application mix and existing network performance to establish current-state baselines.
6. At the end of day five, a web conference is scheduled to review baseline findings and implement policy management and enforcement, and hardware acceleration for encryption, decryption, and decompression policies.
7. Days six through ten are dedicated to observing the threat prevention and application visibility features and making adjustments where required.
8. VistaOne uses days eleven through fifteen to complete and present performance reports to contrast with the previously created baseline performance reports, from which a purchase decision can be made.
9. VistaOne provides a comprehensive quote. You can keep the equipment or return it according to the terms listed in the agreement below.
Terms and Conditions
Important! Filling in the check box at the bottom of the form at right indicates you have read and agree with these terms. Click 'Terms' to view.
VistaOne Corporation and Palo Alto Networks will provide next generation firewall appliances together with the accompanying software and documentation (collectively, "Evaluation Equipment") on an evaluation basis subject to the terms below.
The trial period for the Evaluation Equipment is thirty (30) calendar days from the "Requested Install Date" referenced in the form at right.
Unless an extension to the evaluation period is agreed upon in writing beforehand, all Evaluation Equipment must be returned to VistaOne within 15 calendar days of the evaluation period end date. After 15 days, customer will be responsible for full payment of all Evaluation Equipment and no return will be accepted.
NOTE: If you choose to return the product, it must be returned in its original condition and packaging along with email notification of the shipping/tracking number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return Ship Location:
10001 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23238
Attn: Order Fulfillment