A Semi-Annual Audit of Network Optimization Tools Pays Dividends
The smartest thing an organization can do is have its network administrators trained on the intricacies of its WAN acceleration tools. The next smartest thing is the VistaOne Best Practices Audit. That’s where VistaOne’s manufacturer-certified experts inspect your installation for opportunities to reduce redundancies and errors and to further prioritize and protect your traffic. They also verify that reports generated meet the organization’s needs.
Since applications on corporate networks tend to proliferate and there is an ever-growing trend toward web-enabled applications and the cloud, VistaOne recommends Best Practices Audits a minimum of every six months.
VistaOne Best Practices Audit
A Best Practices Audit report provides recommendations about the deployment of your organization's optimization solutions, paying keen attention to key enterprise applications and management goals. VistaOne has the expertise, the manpower and the time to accomplish this where most network administrators tend to be otherwise occupied.
Among other things, VistaOne experts make it their business to apply a uniform configuration across your entire deployment. Key objectives of the best practices review include:
- Confirming correct and complete classification of critical applications
Adjusting the appropriate policies to optimize performance of critical applications
- Providing recommendations for making more complete use of each appliance’s reporting capabilities
- Identifying configuration oversights where they occur
- Dispensing recommendations for maximizing centralized configuration management
- Demonstrating the value of using centralized reporting tools
- Suggesting ways to improve compression and acceleration for each specific tool
- Planning future directions and capabilities based on your specific needs